Saint Louis, Missouri (1)


I went to Saint Louis in 1958 and stayed there for three years, as a fellow of the Department of Otolaryngology of  the Washington University School of Medicine.

My activities were divided: twice a week I worked with Dr. Theo E. Walsh in the operating rooms and in his office; in the other three days I worked in my own histopathology lab, from which my first published papers originated, as well as my Master’s degree thesis. For my last year I was appointed Research Assistant in the Department.

The Central Institute for the Deaf, the first oral school for deaf children in the United States, was just a few blocks away, and every Thursday afternoon there was a seminar in the research Building. There I met many prominent scientists.

I will tell you some stories of my times in Saint Louis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Otology and Neurotology - Past, Present and Future - II

Malpighi

Jack Urban